Author: Rick RiordanRelease: October 4, 2011Publisher: Hyperion
- Well...it's Percy Jackson...need I say any more? Probably not, but I will! I absolutely freaking love this boy! He's smart, courageous, cute, innovative, level-headed, and above all, loyal. I just can't get over the amazing-ness that is Percy Jackson! I'd totally fight Annabeth for him but I know she'd kick my a** so I'm just going to keep my love on the down low ;)
- Riordan's first series, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, followed Percy, Annabeth and Grover, the 3 main characters. The Heroes of Olympus introduce many new characters as well as the crew from Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I already had a strong bond with the old characters but I really enjoyed getting to know the new characters. Hazel and Frank were refreshing additions and their chemistry with Percy was absolutely invigorating.
- With the Percy Jackson series, I fell in love with Greek mythology. But in The Heroes of Olympus, Riordan puts a twist on it by creating a Roman camp and introducing the Roman mythology. Of course, it's all pretty much the same but it's interesting to see how the Roman camp reacts to Percy and the Greek camp.
- The Son of Neptune, just like all of Riordan's novels, has an action-packed plot filled with twist and turns that will leave you careening! I absolutely love Riordan's books; I think the structure of his plots are meticulously built so that the reader gets everything they want: romance, action, mythology, adventure, and most of all, hope.
- The ending...despite the HUGE, and by huge I mean COLOSSAL, cliffhanger, I still found myself satisfied with the conclusion. If Riordan had gone on just 1 more paragraph, there wouldn't have been a cliffhanger but what's the fun in that?
- Well, I guess...
- I miss Annabeth :( and Grover :( and Tyson :( and basically the entire cast of The Heroes of Olympus :(
To Sum It Up
- Characters, plot, mythology, ending. LOVE.