Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter Week: I Remember



Today is the last day for Harry Potter Week. The day to reminisce about this phenomenon that has been such a huge part of all of our lives. But I can't do it. I just can't bring myself to talk about it. I find it physically impossible to tell you all how much Harry Potter means to me. I watched the movie last night and I was literally left speechless. Talking about it just makes me feel as if it really is over. But I know it's not. I'll be reading these books on my death bed. And I'll have the movies on replay for my whole life. Plus, there's Pottermore, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and so much more. So I'm not going to sit here and tell you guys how much I'm going to miss it, as if it's gone forever. Because it's not gone and it never will be.

But I can't just do NOTHING for the last day of Harry Potter Week. So I'm going to leave you guys with a montage of books/movies 1-7.5 that I found on Youtube. Enjoy :)


This may seem an inadequate conclusion for a week about something so huge and I'm sorry for that. I just don't have the strength or ability in me to say goodbye to Harry Potter because it's not over, not for me. As my hero and role model said last week, "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."

5 comments:

Liz. R said...

Don't worry, I know how you feel. Not matter what I try to write, nothing can ever convey how important Harry Potter is to me. It's something that's so personal and yet so public at the same time, because we're part of a huge fanbase, where most people probably feel the same way we do. But it's not over, definitely - I'll always, always go back to the series, no matter how old I get. HP is a part of me, and always will be! :)

Brodie said...

Amen to that. There are no amount of words, in any language, that can truly express the love we hold for this series. I never thought a fictional world could affect me in such a deep way, until I met Harry. Greatest day of my life.

At least we'll all have something in common with our generation by the time we're in nursing homes. *aged voice* I remember when... :)

The Story Queen said...

I know exactly how you feel right now.

THAT VIDEO IS AWESOME. I have such a strong desire to watch all the movies again now... damn.

Sonia said...

I lived with Harry Potter books. the tail eas the real meaning of my life. I feel as the same as you. we never hear a new news about HP world and it makes me feel depress. I lived with the series more than 10 years..

marybelle said...

I know that HARRY POTTER Will live on my bookshelf always.

Post a Comment

I like to read your comments :D

The Mortal Instruments

Lola and the Boy Next Door