Saturday, April 30, 2011

In My Mailbox (05/01/11)

In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren.

I haven't done IMM in a long time. I've gotten a few things over the weeks but I've been too busy to do an actual post. So prepare for my GRAND IMM! It's going to be epic, no doubt. All books were bought, unless stated otherwise.

Week of April 3rd 
  1. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong (signed)
  2. Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann (signed)
  3. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
Week of April 10th 
  1. Mythlopedia: What A Beast! by Sophie Kelly
  2. Mythlopedia: All In The Family! by Steven Otfinoski
  3. Mythlopedia: Oh My Gods! by Megan E. Bryant
  4. Mythlopedia: She's All That! by Franklin Watts
Week of April 17th (THANK YOU BRODIE FOR THE BOOK! -> She runs Eleusinian Mysteries. You should follow her! I love her to bits <3 )
  1. Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
Week of April 24th 
  1. Athena the Brain (Goddess Girls #1) by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  2. Persephone the Phony (Goddess Girls #2) by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  3. Aphrodite the Beauty (Goddess Girls #3) by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  4. Artemis the Brave (Goddess Girls #4) by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams
  5. The Giver by Lois Lowry
  6. Blood Red Road by Moira Young [Galley Grab]
  7. He's So Not Worth It by Kieran Scott [Galley Grab]
  8. The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder [Galley Grab]
  9. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma [Galley Grab]
I KNOW RIGHT? THIS IS JUST AMAZING!

I honestly didn't even realize that I got so many books this month.

I went to a Kelley Armstrong signing where I picked up The Gathering before it's release date. I also grabbed a signed copy of Cryer's Cross. I ran to the bookstore after school to pick up CoFA and devoured it.

All the books I bought in the weeks of April 10th and 24th were from the Scholastic catalogues that my younger brother brings home from school so the books were really cheap. I bought the Goddess Girls series for 13 dollars. All four of them. I just can't resist their prices! I bought the Mythlopedia books and The Giver from Scholastic as well.

XOXOXOXO to Brodie! She's just the best! She bought me Falling Under, which I can't wait to dive into.

And Galley Grab. LOVE! I got two of my most anticipated books from their newsletter, Blood Red Road and He's So Not Worth It! YEAHHHHHHHH! 

This was a long post so thank you to whoever (whomever?) reads the whole thing. If you didn't, that's cool! Just link me your IMMs in the comments and I'll drop by! 

27 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm really excited about He's So Not Worth It too. Now I have the dilemma of deciding what to read first. ;)

Amanda
http://www.lettersinsideout.com

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I love the goddess girls books! Enjoy!

Here's my IMM

Brodie said...

You're failing to mention that I bought you Falling Under to repay you for your help!! You're totally missing an opportunity to flaunt your awesomeness. I really appreciated what you did <3 I hope you like it!

And wow, awesome mailbox for the past month! So many cool mythology books - I want! Plus all the books you snagged from GalleyGrab, can't wait to read your reviews. HAPPY READING :D

chelle2006 said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Im a new follower of yours :) I want to read the gathering soo bad! It looks great! Let me know what you think of the goddess girls series

-Michelle

Midnight Bloom said...

lol, I remember the Scholastic catalogs. They always had such an awesome deals! You got so many books so I'm sure those should keep you busy reading for awhile... :)

Moirae(thefates) book reviews said...

I keep hearing good things about the goddess girls books enjoy!! My IMM is up as well.

Marla said...

Thanks for stopping by. I know, right? I'm still laughing, myself, and it's been almost a week! I have fond remembrances of the Scholastic catalogs and book fairs. It scares the crap out of me to think of how long ago it was. LOL

Yaseena said...

WOW! lucky girl...you got so many good ones in the past few weeks :) Happy reading! I'll be especially interested to hear your thoughts on a few

MiaandSofia said...

A great pile of books! They all seem great. I LOVED CoFA and I can't wait to read The Gathering :D
Check out what's In My Mailbox

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

Majanka said...

The Goddess Girls series sounds like a nice read. You're lucky to get a copy of Falling Under, I've been wanting that one for a long time now. Enjoy reading!


Take a look at what's in my Mailbox.

ComaCalm said...

I love Cryer's Cross but I still need to buy a copy - I read the Galley.
I also grabbed Blood Red Road and Forbidden! Happy reading.

My IMM

Bella said...

I loved City of Fallen Angels, it was awesome! And I got The Day Before from Galley grab too :) Happy reading!

Bella
My Mailbox

chelleyreads said...

WOW!! Great titles! You're going to have busy weeks ahead of you. Happy reading :)


Please check out our IMM if you have time.

Michelle

Elodie said...

Hey !! I'm your latest follower .. thanks for stopping by my blog ;) !! Your blog seems awesome !!
I can't wait to read The Gathering as I loved The Darkest Powers series.
I have a copy of CoFA but haven't read it yet because I'd like to re-read the first three books. I'm glad to know you devoured it ;)
Happy reading !!

Olgareads said...

I really liked Cryer's Cross!
Enjoy your books!

Kara said...

I know these are from multiple weeks, but that's still a lot of books! Enjoy. :)

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

I loved The Gathering, it was SO good!! I haven't read Cryer's Cross yet, but I'm hoping to read it soon. I can't wait to start on the Galley Grab books. Enjoy!

heavenisabookstore said...

I've never actually read the Giver. Let me know. Everyone says it's good.

Carina said...

Oh, I definitely want to read The Gathering and The Day Before! I hope you're going to enjoy your new books! Looks like it's been really good book weeks for you. :)

Carina

Sarah said...

I miss those Scholastic catalogs! What a great deal on books. And so many signed books, you're very lucky!

Bunny Cates, bunnycates.com said...

wow! Great books!!! I almost bought Cryers Cross the other day, cant wait to see your review!

Here's my IMM

Sally said...

Great books! I love the S&S GG I got some of the same books. Loved Cryer's Cross.
Happy reading.
Sally.
http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/in-my-mailbox-17.html

Cyndi M. said...

Cryer's Cross looks like a great book! Hope you enjoy it :)

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

I hear Cryer's Cross is creepy - you'll have to let me know if that's true! Fabulous haul of books these past few weeks...enjoy :)

Allison said...

Wow! Heck yeah for the month of April. What scores! I have Cryer's Cross but haven't read it yet. Lucky to have received a signed copies. I love getting signed copies!

Well-Read Reviews said...

And I totally forgot to mention I totally laughed out loud to your blog title. Brilliant. ;)

Mad Scientist said...

WoW! What a load of books! Happy reading, I mean sniffing!

Zombies are for May!  Morbid Romantica Challenge links are up for Zombies along with a few book ideas.  Some I myself will be trying out! Stop by and let me know which Zombie book I should be reading!

Mad Scientist
Steampunkery & Book Reviews
For The L♥ve of Reading

Post a Comment

I like to read your comments :D

The Mortal Instruments

Lola and the Boy Next Door